Plieger is a wholesaler operating nationwide in sanitary, heating, electrical and installation materials. ThermoNoord is the specialist in airconditioning, warm water and ventilation techniques. I am responsible for the management of 3 departments (member MT): marketing & communication, product management and e-business. As such responsible for the setup and roll-out of strategic marketing and product plans for both Plieger and ThermoNoord.
- 11 direct reports: 5 marketing & communication employees (2 communication, 2 DTP, 1 business analyst), 5 product managers and 1 e-business manager
- Creation of the annual marketing plan & budgets
- Overall supervision of Plieger BV and ThermoNoord BV branding and corporate identity
- Management of Plieger formulas, including product range development
- Responsible for market research, promotions and all (product) marketing & communication related activities
- Initiating, coordinating and planning of marketing & communication related multi-channel campaigns, online & offline, above the line & below the line
- Development, management and implementation of products & services concepts and campaigns in corporation with manufacturers, product managers and sales
- Responsible for efficient and harmonized operational processes of the department
- Major achievements:
- Digitalisation of Plieger & ThermoNoord communication, i.e. introduction of e-mail marketing, launch of digital magazines, strategic and more frequent use of social media, etc.
- Development and launch of www.vitrabadkamer.nl as part of the private label strategy
- Development and launch of www.pliegersanitairkiezer.nl, a new digital sales channel for Plieger as an alternative to showrooms
- Development of a private label strategy for the brands Vitra, Burgbad, Conel, Vigour, Cosmo, Nikles and Plieger
- Development of a strategic and operational marketing plan, including a detailed marketing budget plan and product management plan
- Development and launch of the new Plieger pay-off and corporate identity
- Development and launch of the Plieger logistical menu
Solar Netherlands is part of Solar S/A and in transition from a technical wholesaler to a sourcing en services company. Their sales is primarily focussed on installation, facility and maintenance.
- The marketing department includes 6 employees: 1 marketeer (external communications), 1 online marketeer, 1 CRM coordinator, 1 marketeer (internal communications) and 2 e-business support specialists
- The goal of this interim position is to bring back the strategic focus, structure the department’s activities and organization, pick up on running projects and develop the strategic marketing plan for 2016, in line with the new strategic direction
- Responsible for developing and managing various large and strategic campaigns and (customer) events, supporting sales development and taking first steps in marketing automation
- Conceptual creation and project management of the Fastbox launch (strategically important new service), Direct Sales campaign (business development focussed on the end user, see branches.solarnederland.nl) and the Busch-Jaeger Balance-SI product launch (www.hetkliktmetsolar.nl)
- Coaching and supporting the marketing manager during his re-integration towards the end of the interim period
Skiffy BV was a subsidiary of Essentra plc and merged into Essentra Components. It is a manufacturer of technical plastic (precision moulding) and metal parts serving small order catalogue & e-commerce customers (BtoB) with next day deliveries. Skiffy has its headquarters in Amsterdam (The Netherlands) and has branches in Haan (Germany), Strasbourg (France), Wombourne (UK), Midrand (South Africa) and Lodz (Poland).
- Managed the central marketing & communication department of the group as part of the management team. Stake holders are the local sites, customers and world wide distributors
- Responsible for all strategic and operational customer & product marketing & communication plans and activities of the Skiffy group worldwide in co-operation with local site and general managers. The focus is on product range development, generation & development of new customers, retention and win-back of customers and (new) product communication.
- Daily management of a team of 2 marketing professionals (DTP & Online marketeer), 2 product marketing professionals (product manager & head of product marketing & communication), 6 indirect reports (local support) and various external partners (see References)
- Major achievements:
- Setup & development of a small yet effective (product) marketing & communication team from scratch
- Successful introduction of the marketing calendar, creating opportunities to save costs while increasing the number of (omnichannel) campaigns & touch points and remaining creative & innovative
- Succeeded to develop a comprehensive long term product strategy and roadmap in cooperation with the head of product marketing
- Turned mass (offline) communication into a customer journey driven (mainly online) marketing automation program, as part of a customer lifecycle program
- Successfully launched Skiffy in Belgium and Poland
- Successfully managed multiple departments and branches at the same time during periods of 3 to 9 months in 2008 until 2011
- Managed the customer service / sales department of 7 employees in 2011, next to my role as marketing & communication manager
- Managed the South African Skiffy site as a temporary general manager in 2008, taking care of daily business next to my role as marketing & communication manager
- Replaced the export manager in 2010 during his absence, next to my role as marketing & communication manager
- CRM (Business) Consultant (01/03 – 02/05): Setup infrastructure, database organisation and look & feel of e-mail campaigns for Shell Europe, KLM, VROM, Renault, Dutch Railways (NS), V&D Department stores. Organisation and setup of contact database for Ministry of Housing (VROM)
- Manager project desk (10/01 – 06/03): General responsibility for daily work and planning of project managers and consultants. Reorganized the work flow to a process of hours and invoices, executed by the finance department
- Project manager (09/00 – 10/01): Central loyalty database for Shell Europe, including the start of integrated off- and online loyalty and savings programs. Contributing to loyalty and database projects for Dutch Railways (NS), V&D Department stores, Vodafone, WWF, Ahold
- Major achievements:
- Successful setup of a multi-channel campaign using e-mail and sms to upsell gas purchases with loyalty card holders for Shell UK
- Project management of the integration of all Western European Shell loyalty programs into 1 central database system managed in Budapest
- Re-organized the annual strategy planning: brought back the strategic processes to the basics, re-orientation of targets and means, so that these were clear again for 3 SBU’s
- Introduced the annual customer satisfaction research: the outcome resulted in an improvement of the communication lines to the SBU Truck & Trailer components and the improvement of the commercial activities by hiring 2 new account managers focussed on service and consultancy
- Setup and execution of various marketing plans. Biggest success achieved with the introduction of Kumho consumer tyres in The Netherlands
- Rebranding of the SBU Truck & trailer components based on qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Managed and supported marketing managers of 2 subsidiaries on their daily job
- Managed a communication specialist and marketing services employee
- Paulmann Light BV, April 1997 – May 1998, Sales and marketing assistant
- Directview Business to business communication BV (now known as Cendris), December 1995 – March 1997, Account assistant
but open to steps forward in a position as a senior manager B2B marketing & communication, marketing directoror general manager. No, am I not available for interesting freelance projects related to interim B2B marketing, communication, general management are welcome too.
I am interested in talking in public about marketing and bringing it to the next level by going back to basics and implementing the right mix of tools. In that case, do contact me!